Saturday, January 31, 2009

January

Time for the monthly update, and for the first time since September, I actually have a good month to report.

With only five days off from training this month, I put in 49.78 hours either on bike or skis, and 257.8 miles outside in this cold and snowy January.

The only time I have ever put in more training hours in one month is last May, when I put in 51 hours (and that also was completely on the bike, and more MTB than road). This month is also much better than my January of last year, with 33.75 hours.

I was actually surprised to see the total, but also glad, because it means that I have been able to stick to my plan of actually getting a good base this winter so I don't fall apart next fall. Hopefully all this work will help when I toe the line in the Elite Class starting in April.

The lack of classes this semester should really help me to be able to keep up the pace, and hopefully even step it up a little more for next month. With only 12 credits (at least on paper), and spring break at the end of the month, it could be a really good February.

That is all. Happy Groundhog's Day on Monday!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Way to go Nick, getting some good base in. You put in 250 miles outside, I put 0, haha!