Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tales of Connecticut

So, now I am in Florida, but I was in Connecticut with Mike. That was a really good time. It all started with packing up my bike. You can see how many pieces the bike has to be in to ship it.

As I wrote about in other posts, we raced in the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York the first weekend I was there and this past weekend we raced at Mount Snow in Vermont. They were both great weekends and both places had very cool (though hard) MTB trails, especially Mt. Snow. In Vermont, we stayed at the Nordic Hills Lodge and I would recommend this place to anybody because it was an awesome place. The room smelled a little funky, but they had free real breakfast every morning and they even got up early to get us breakfast so we could get to our races on time.Besides racing, my time consisted a lot of watching the Tour de France and The Office while Mike was at work during the week. Then we also rode a fair amount and just hung out. The picture below is where I slept while I was there (it is the area behind the closet- a place only someone as short as me could sleep in).

Overall, it was a wonderful trip and I had a lot of fun hanging out with Mike and it was a great trip. Now I am in Florida until the beginning of August. I am taking the next few days off from any excersize. Since I don't have a bike down here, I am going to start running once I get down to the Keys with my brother. Then I am going to do some intense training in the first half of August and ease off before collegiate season starts.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Did you really sleep there? I know Mike was joking about it, but did you actually fit?! That's hilarious.

Mike said...

yes he slept there, it was like his own personal Bat Cave!

Yah Nick we had a great time, I am glad you were able to come out and enjoy the New England area.

Unknown said...

I think it is a perfect time to improve the foundations in the South East wing.


(Batman reference)

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick, congrats on a couple of great races. You guys are really something else when it comes to laying it down.
Mr. B

Unknown said...

Thanks Mr. B

Are you going to race Pontiac Lake at the end of August?