Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

This weekend I went out to Kalamazoo to celbrate Independance Day and my Dad's b-day.

It started with a nice ride back to Jackson with an average speed of 21.5 mph. Then I mowed and we headed over to Kzoo.

Saturday was filled with the first day of the Tour de France, a nice ride in the rolling hills and vineyards of Lawton, MI and a bunch of new beers. Sheldon (Arika's boyfriend) and I went over to the Bell's Brewery Bar and tried a sampler. We had the Amber Ale, Poolside Cherry Wheat, Double Brown, Kalamazoo Stout, Mild Ale (which is never actually bottled), and the Third Coast Old Ale. Of these, I had only ever had the Amber, so I got to try 5 new varieties of Bell's there. And Sheldon had bought Bell's Consecrator Dopplebock earlier that day, which is a beer I have wanted to try for a very long time. The Dopplebock was very good, one of my favorites from Bell's. Of the six sampler, I like the Amber, Cherry Wheat, and Mild Ale. The other three were very strong. The Double Brown was undrinkable because it tasted like someone just dumped vodka in some beer.

Well, to get off the topic of beer, Sunday also consisted of Tour de France watching and a nice ride out to Lawton. I also watched the Wimbledon finals and we celebrated my dad's b-day. Then Sheldon and Arika brought me back to AA and we had dinner at Potbelly's.

No comments: