Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Warranties and Return Policies Suck

I got hit by two crappy sales reps today. One from Oakley and indirectly one from Bontrager.

Oakley: I ordered some clear replacement lenses for my glasses before Boyne and it turned out they were too big and would not fit in the frame. So I finally called today and was on hold for over ten minutes before I could finally tell sales rep Mark my problem. He said, "Are they older M-Frames?" I said, "Yes, I got them about three years ago." He said, "Oh, those should be able to just pop right in there." I was thinking, yeah, I know they should; that's why I bought them and is why I am talking to you right now. But what I said was "Yes, I tried, but they wouldn't go in, and I even put them up to my current lenses and they are bigger by about a millimeter on each side." He then put me on hold for 5 more minutes. He told me I need to send the lenses and my frames back to them and they are going to put the lenses in for me. Apparently I am just stupid and can't simply pop some apparently non-defective lenses into my M-frames. And I get to be without glasses for however long they decide to take to put my lenses in for me. Awesome.

Bontrager: My rear wheel has sucked since I bought it, loosening up all the time. I put in a request for a warranty back in March. Our shop forgot about it or something because when I called about it on Sunday, they were like, oh, can you tell us your info again? Then they called me today and told me that Bontrager said that they don't have any of my wheels in stock to replace it, but they can rebuild my wheel if I send it into them. So, I can be without a MTB for however long Bontrager decides to fix this problem. Awesome again.

So I might just never purchase anything from Oakley again, but I can't say the same about Bontrager, because they make about half the stuff that I put on my bikes.

That is all for now. Sorry for the griping, but I did find Mark from Oakley pretty humorous, telling me that my lenses should pop right in, as if being on the phone with them would magically make them work all of the sudden.

No comments: