Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Another Tree...

So there hasn't been much excitement recently in my bike life and even less in my off-the-bike life.

On the bike, I have just been trying to prepare for Stoney Creek coming up next weekend, but doing a pretty bad job at it- riding intensity all over the place and no organization or planning.
The local loop is getting really messy with all the rain and storms we have been getting. My favorite section, the super-sketchy section (aka Baits section) has started filling up with logs. On a spot that I usually get up to about 28 mph, there was a log across the trail, not too big, but I am not yet cool enough to jump logs going 25 mph downhill, so I tried to slow down. I was only able to get rid of enough speed to hit the log, go over the bars and land on the log with my face. So I am a little marked up (not anywhere near as bad as a couple years ago). No concussion and no broken helmet, but I have a couple tender spots on the right side of my face.
This is the second time I have landed flat on my face in less than a month ("What's the symbology there?")

Off the bike I have just been boring, studying for the GRE, which comes next Thursday, and such.

On the lighter side of things, I have a goal to get rid of my tan lines before I go to Florida (pun intended). The only problem is that right before Florida is MTB nationals. In enzyme kinetics, we call that competitive inhibition. The more time I spend on the bike, the less able I will be able to take off my shirt without being laughed at for wearing my "undershirt."

1 comment:

BrendanBenson said...

Just ride without a jersey and get a bib tan. Then people won't even know what to think.

Oh shoot. I should be working on sponsor stuff...