Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Exciting Last Week

This last week has been a pretty exciting one.

Let's start with last Thursday. I've probably already told this story to anyone that will listen to me, but if you haven't heard it, it is a good one. I was riding my bike down the road, minding my own business when I felt something knock my helmet and then I saw an open pudding cup fall on the ground next to me. My riding style has tamed a lot over the past few years, so I don't really ride really far out in the road or anything. But getting something thrown at me didn't really make me happy. So I chased them down. But they got away. Unluckily for them, though, I went to University of Michigan and know how to read- license plates are particularly easy. Also unluckily for them, the Bozeman Police Department doesn't usually have anything to do. So when I filed a police report, I got a phone call later that night with the cop telling me he tracked down the pudding thrower. It turned out he was a minor and didn't want to get in trouble, so he "was willing to apologize to me and maybe do something for me." But I said no and he got a ticket for disorderly conduct.

It was a pretty sweet outcome. Hopefully that's one less person now who thinks it is funny to mess with cyclists on the road.

Then it finally started snowing on Friday again. We had been without snow and cold weather for a couple weeks, so skiing wasn't very good (but bike riding was, so that was cool). Saturday skiing was pretty good. I thought it was awesome that there was powder up to my knees in some spots, but then on Sunday, at the beginning of the day, there was powder up to my chest in some spots. It was like skiing a fluffy cloud. It was an awesome experience.

Last night I made it to the gym and lifted weights for the first time in probably 3 years. I am still able to walk right now, but I assume as it gets past the 24 hour mark, it is going to be pretty silly to watch me try. Lifting isn't anything I have done seriously since I started biking, but I think I am at a point where doing endurance lifting would be useful. We'll see.

Well it is still snowing, so this weekend should be good for skiing too. I'll only get to ski Sunday, but I think the forecast is calling for snow on Saturday, so that should be good.

No comments: