Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stony Creek Marathon XC

Sunday I did one of my favorite races of the year. At least it was one of my favorites before this year. This year I'm not in as good of shape, so it took me 40 minutes longer than last year. Granted the fastest time was also 22 minutes slower, but 40 minutes is about one whole lap of my last year's times.

After fighting myself throughout the whole race, I did finish and actually didn't get last. I was 12 out of 14 finishers and 18 starters. I was on the bike for 4 hours and 54 minutes.

There isn't too much to report, just the same old suffering (perhaps more this year). I had planned, during lap four, that this would actually be a "quitting biking for a while" post (I had the whole post already written up in my head), but obviously I am addicted to hurting myself for hours on end, so that won't be happening.

On a very positive note, Kelly has continued her winning ways, making her 4 for 4 on the season. She toughed out her longest race or ride by 17 miles in good fashion, finishing 42 miles in 4 hours 24 minutes. She was the third place sport woman out of 8. If she keeps this up, she will win a free entry to Iceman this November.

Here is a picture of me appearing to go fast...I love that pictures can never tell what place I'm in.

No comments: