Sunday, August 8, 2010

July Report

July is by far the best cycling month I have had since I have moved to Montana. It started out great, with the first month that I made it through the first week without taking any time off. The knee brace has really been helping my knee, and I have been starting to wean myself off of it (though a recent backpacking trip may have set me back a little with the rehab).

I ended July with 6 days off, 40.35 total hours on the bike, 514.3 miles ridden, and 1 race. I spent 23.65 of the 40.35 hours on the MTB, so it is nice to finally have the ratio back in the favor of mountain biking, though there is probably only a little over a month of good mountain bike riding left here in Montana.

Through July, I have already taken 87 days off, which is 41% of the year. Hopefully I can finish out the year with numbers like July so that I can not take more than 50% of the year off. It is true that a lot of the time off is due to the knee injury, but a lot of it is not.

It should be easier to keep this pace going, since right now my racing schedule looks like I will have a race all but three weekends starting this weekend going until Iceman. Also, as I mentioned before, I should have a more structured training plan once I start talking to a cycling coach.

That's it for now. Look forward to a post in the next couple days about Al's and Andrew's trip here from Michigan and our adventure up to Granite Peak (the highest point in MT, 12,799 ft).

No comments: