Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Race of the Year

Sunday, Steve and I were up in Plainwell, MI for a nice MTB TT at Yankee Springs. Luckily, I wasn't expecting much from myself because of my new training plan. I have not done really intensity work yet this year so I can build a proper base in order to not die in the fall.

So, I felt good, but not fast. First of all, they started us every ten seconds, which is absurd for an Elite TT, but whatever. I got passed in the first couple miles by my ten second guy. Then my 20 second guy came, then 30 second guy, and so on. I got passed by a lot of people.

I ended up getting 22nd out 27. Pretty bad but oh well. I was ten minutes down on the leader. It just means I have plenty of work to do before Boyne next month.

But the real reason I did the race can be seen below...
Got the free pint glass!

No comments: