Saturday, May 31, 2008

May wrap-up

I don't plan on riding today, so I can do a wrap-up a day early. I ended up doing 795 miles total, 336 of which was on the mountain bike. I only did one race- 24 Hours of Boyne, which was a huge success, but I got a lot of good training in which I think will help when October comes around.

The month consisted on one century on the road bike, which was on Mother's Day when it poured down rain the whole day. And my most miles off road obviously came last weekend with 120 miles up at Boyne.

There has been an unfortunate mess this month, as some idiot decided to take it upon himself to destroy a section of the local loop. Steve and I were riding yesterday and when we got to the Girl Scout's Section, someone had cut out the two really big trees that had fallen. But they didn't stop there, they also cut out three logs that have always been on the trail, including the one right after the stream crossing. Needless to say, the Girl Scout Section is now immensely less interesting.

Steve and I did get to see on the same ride though what must be a prototype Segway Hauler. It was pretty funny, especially because it didn't really look like it worked and the guy on it didn't look very happy.

I guess to wrap up this wrap-up, I would like to say thanks again to everyone that was a part of 24 Hours of Boyne this year. Mike and Mr. B, it was an awesome race and you guys both rocked. Pit crew Caroline, Mrs. B, Kelly, and Maria for helping out. Thanks to our competition Mattison, Sean, Fritz, and Corey for pushing us even faster. And thanks to Steve for putting up with a whole weekend of verbal abuse (and for forgetting the banner).

1 comment:

Mike said...

Well Nick, it appears that you got a lot more time on the road bike than me, I will have to pick it up here!